AnnouncementsEthics Committee deadlines for each submission could be found below:
January 25, 2022
March 25, 2022
April 25, 2022
June 25, 2022
August 25, 2022
October 25, 2022
November 25, 2022
Before an Ethics Committee submission, the applicants make sure that the following criteria are satisfied:
- Make sure you include a copy of all the materials you aim to use in your study.
- Prepare your research proposal in APA (American Psychological Association) format.
- Make sure that all the word documents are correctly filled and turned into one pdf document.
- Send an electronic copy of the documents to the Secretary of Ethics Committee (Ms. Melis Özdemir, e-mail: email@example.com).
- Make sure you fill the decision page with your information and print two copies (Etik Kurul Onay Formu). This is the page where the signatures of the Ethics Committee will be given. At the end of the ethics process, one copy of this form will remain with the applicant whereas the other will be archived by the Ethics Committee.
- Make sure that you inform the participants at the end of the study that they can ask their data to be withdrawn any time they like. In order to do this, provide them with a participant code that only they would be able to identify (e.g. last two letters of their mother’s maiden name & birth month). The applicant can set the participant code in any format that they wish as long as they make sure that the code is something that the participants could remember when they are asked.
- Make sure you provide the references of any instrument to be used in the study.
- If the researcher will translate the instruments themselves, translations and back translations of the instruments will be conducted.
- Make sure you indicate in your consent sheet that the data will be stored for a minimum of five years after its publication.
- Make sure your consent forms are in Turkish if your participants are native Turkish.